If Heaven had a flavor ... it would be coffee.





Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sharing the Hard

                                                                                                                                               Lori Prosser

I spend a lot of mental energy on appreciating what I have.  In fact, I can almost deplete myself of energy simply by focusing on the here and now and being 'present'.  On my way to work this morning I was thinking how this time in my life, right now, is pure contentment.  I want to forever and always feel this way.  My parents, all my family members, are healthy enough and happy enough.  There will never be a time that will be better than this, simply because my loved ones are here and safe.  I know this is temporary, and someday my world will be tipped upon a new axis.  Everything will change in the blink of an eye - with a phone call.  Someday.  That very thought keeps me thankful and present.

I don't have all the money I wish I had, but I have enough.  I wish I had a meaningful, fulfilling marriage - but single-hood has it's pluses too.  I don't have a large home, but then I don't have a lot of waste either.  I do love my career, my kids are kind, and I have interests and friendships that fulfill my empty moments.  My church is my second family.  I have many blessings today.

What's most difficult at this time, is getting 'bad' news from my friends ... lost jobs, cancer, lost homes.  I never worry about what the 'right words' are to say in these situations - I know it's just enough to be there and express my sincere care, because I do.  I find my heart heavy for strangers on the street that look severely disabled, patients that walk out of our clinic alone having just been told they have cancer.  Children being handled roughly by a parent.  We need to take care of each other.

If I could be granted one wish today, I swear to you it would not be for money.  I would wish that everyone I laid eyes upon, this day, would be granted health, home, job, and happiness - and then I would make a point of getting to each of you to look into your eyes.

It is hard, sharing the hard, but one day I too will be needing you, to share in my upside down world.  And I know who'll be there.  Until then, I am here for you.








Don't wait until you get around to it, take care of each other now.
javatalk






No comments:

Post a Comment